Ignac Lovrek is with the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing of the University of Zagreb where he serves as a professor at the Department of Telecommunications. He is an associate member of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts and a member of the Academy Scientific Council for Technological Development and the Scientific Council for Croatian Research Infrastructure.
Ignac Lovrek serves as a member of the Special expert committee for the implementation of the national strategy of education, science and technology, a representative of the University of Zagreb in the assembly of the Telecommunications Research Center Vienna and a deputy chairman of the Supervisory Board of the company Ericsson Nikola Tesla.
His research interests include communication networks and information services, theory and application of software agents, multi-agent systems, social networking, and techno-economic and regulatory aspects of electronic communications. He is the author and co-author of more than a hundred papers published in books, journals and conference proceedings. He is a member of IEEE, ACM, Gesellschaft für Informatik and KES International.
- Ph.D. (1980, Electrical Engineering, University of Zagreb)
- Communication networks and protocols
- Social networking
- Theory and application of software agents
- Multi-agent systems
- Techno-economic and regulatory aspects of electronic communications
- Nikola Tesla Award for exceptional scientific, professional and educational contribution in the field of electrical engineering and computer science and the significant achievements in the application of information and communication technologies (2014). Awarded by IEEE Croatia Section
- Outstanding Contribution to KES Award (2013). Awarded by KES International
- Special award for significant contribution to the promotion of research activities and technology transfer (2013). Awarded by the University of Zagreb, Croatia